How Frontend Editor Add-on for LearnPress works
Allow instructors to create and edit courses right from the front-end
To improve the site’s user experience, the Front-end Editor Add-on for LearnPress let instructors create and edit LearnPress courses right from the front-end without having to access the WP Dashboard.
How to Create and Setup Frontend Editor for LearnPress with this Add-on
1. Download and Installation
Download and Install
- Required Paid Membership Pro plugin. Download it for free on wordpress.org
- To download Paid Membership Pro integration, visit ‘My Account’ on thimpress.com
- Click ‘Orders’ and ‘View’ your order
- Under ‘Order Details’, download the latest version of the plugin
- Install and activate both Paid Membership Pro plugin and Paid Membership Pro integration as following:
- Visit ‘WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New’
- Click ‘Upload Plugin’ and choose the plugin zip files that you just downloaded. Click ‘Install Now’ to start the installation process
- After plugin installed successfully, click ‘Activate Plugin’ and you will be notified that the plugin is activated
- The plugin is shown as activated and ready to use
2. Create a Frontend-Editor Page and Set it up
After installing and activating the Frontend Editor for LearnPress LMS successfully, you will need to go to your LearnPress settings to create the Frontend Editor Page so your instructors can access it. To do that, please go to your WordPress Admin Dashboard > LearnPress > Settings > Frontend Editor Then, Create a page by typing the name of the page in the Dashboard Page setting. In this example, I used the page title “FrontendEditor-Page”. You can use any page title you want. You can only use the title in your language. Then click on OK[Enter] to create the page and click on the button Save Settings to save it. Then, it’s done, you can access the page from your top menu:
Here’s how your Instructors will see in real life
1. All Course Settings on Frontend
The main page displays the number of users to the course, some basic information about it and it lists all the courses available that the instructor can manage. You can also search and do some course filter here.
2. Single Course Setting in Frontend Editor
There are three main Tabs in a course editor:
- General Tab: Where we configure some general settings of the course like the title, description, feature image and category, etc.
- Curriculum: The curriculum of the course, where you add/remove/edit course’s lesson and quiz.
- Settings: Basic settings of the course, and most importantly, the settings with other LearnPress add-ons.