Surely you must have asked yourself many times, should you do an email marketing campaign? What rules do you have to follow? What do you have to measure? These are things that you should take into account when making your email marketing campaign.
Nowadays, companies understand that email marketing campaigns are one of their most relevant channels. You have to keep in mind that email marketing must be complemented by other efforts, such as SEO, content creation, social media, etc.
It is a tool with which not only will you “attack” a mailing list, but you will use it to maintain a relationship with your contacts.
1. Types of email marketing
They are used to maintain contact with the recipients and that they do not forget your presence. The newsletter is focused on creating brand recognition and is sent daily or weekly.
The story provides a summary of existing information; let’s say it’s a summary of the most important pieces of content by content marketing agency because they are the ones that have been most read or commented or shared.
These emails are individual that contains information about a single proposal, such as when you have e-commerce and notify your audience of changes in the shipments of the products.
This type of mail focuses on the conversion of the call to action.
Also, email marketing can help you build and maintain relationships with your potential customers. Once you have the data, you can personalize your contact, get reviews on Amazon and send an email notifying them about the news that could interest them or about your products, etc.
All the types of previous emails are based on sending to your customer database, but if you want to reach more audience and impact a different audience to generate more leads by B2B Lead Generation Software, then you should try the sponsored emails.
How do you do that? It is as easy as paying to be included in the newsletter of another provider or a specific email about your brand.
The transaction type is the one that comes out after you have taken some action. For example, you sign up for an online networking course and receive the email with the access data, etc. Here the individual is waiting for the corresponding mail derived from his action.
2. Tips that can help you with your email marketing task
- Perform Test A/B.
- Write good texts.
- Take care of the subject of your mail: the opening rate will depend on it. Be creative, if they are always the same they end up boring. Think of what your audience would like to read that will motivate them to open their mail?
- Be periodic.
- Try to offer added value.
- Respect privacy: it is extremely important that the user can unsubscribe with a link that must be included in the mail and must be visible.
- You should use a friendly and personal tone, treat your readers as VIPs, with a close tone, don’t just treat them as if they were just email addresses to send one more.
- Show personality and add questions.
- The mail has to be simple.
- In each email you have to include a call to action, you should not put several because they would not listen to any.
Have you heard about the AIDA structure?
Let’s look into it since it is the structure that you should follow.
A: Attention. This you will do with the matter.
I: Interest. You will do it with a phrase that catches your attention.
D: Desire. Pointing out the benefits of what you offer.
A: Action. That click on the link them you have motivated them to do.
- Keep your database updated; you should not send emails to people who do not want.
- Customize the emails.
- Provide added value, do not send only promotional offers. Find out what may interest them.
- It is important that you identify yourself, with a sender’s name, logos, images.
- Measure the results.
The cycle of an email marketing campaign would be:
- Creation and shipping
- Click on links
- Conversion action
- ROI analysis
- Upgrade of the data base
- Create homogeneous groups based on their characteristics. For example, that they buy only in the mornings, that they buy a certain hair product without selling hair products, etc.
- The call to action is important. Locate the hot areas of your messages and put them there.
- Combine text and images in your email campaigns.
- Make sure that the platform you use does not identify with spam.
And to finish with these tips, you should know that to improve and optimize your email marketing campaigns you should know a series of indicators.
Number of emails in our database
It is the total volume of addresses that you have in our database.
It’s a spam score that some providers give. It is based on the number of links and words that are included that could trigger the spam filter.
The ratio of action over time
Whenever you do an email marketing campaign, what you want is to obtain the highest possible opening rate, so you will have to decide the time and day of the shipment.
It tells you how many emails sent have not reached their recipient. They can be hard bounces, when the email address is non-existent or is badly written and soft bounces, almost always by the destination server. For example, a company launches an email marketing campaign. It is sent to 100,000 addresses, and 2,000 are bounced. Here the campaign would have a deliverability rate of 98% and a bounce rate of 2%.
The emails that have been delivered to compare to those that haven’t.
Indicate the number of people who received your email and opened it. It is calculated like this: open emails divided between the emails sent minus the bounced emails.
The rate of clicks or CTR
It refers to the number of recipients who have received and opened your email, has clicked on a link. It is calculated as follows: the number of emails click divided among the emails sent minus the bounced emails.
It refers to the percentage of emails that lead to a specific action according to the objective of your email marketing campaign and is calculated as follows: the number of emails that launched an action divided the emails sent minus the bounced emails. You must define the type of conversion you are looking for in each email marketing campaign that you do.
Indicates the people who have opted to unsubscribe.