To make it easier for LearnPress users to update to the 4.0 version, the following is the list of some issues that LearnPress users are facing and how to fix them.
- Error: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
MySQL version older than 5.7 leads to this error. You need to update your MySQL to the newest version, and then update LearnPress 4.0 once again.
- Error: LearnPress Add-ons cannot be active
In the fourth version of LearnPress, we require all add-ons have to update to the version 4.0, too.
For example: If your WooCommerce add-on for LearnPress is in 3.x.x version and when you install LearnPress 4.0, the WooCommerce add-on will be disabled automatically, you need to update it.
How to update your Add-Ons?
2.1. For the users using our premium WordPress Themes from ThemeForest.
Go to Dashboard -> Theme -> Plugin -> Update all add-ons to the newest version.
2.2. For users from purchased our add-ons from ThimPress.
LearnPress add-ons will not be updated automatically. If you want to update it, please follow these steps below:
- Delete the add-ons that you want to update on your website
- Go to this page: https://thimpress.com/my-account/downloads and download the latest versions of the add-ons that you want.
- Re-install your add-ons with the latest version.
- ThimCore cannot be active
If you are using ThimCore version 1.x.x, you cannot activate it to download the new add-ons. In this case, you need to delete your ThimCore and you will receive the notification about re-install it. Click to this notification to install the newest version of ThimCore (2.x.x). If after re-install ThimCore plugin still have version 1.x.x, you can download version 2.x.x on our GitHub, click here to download.