If you are a blogger or marketer working on WordPress, you might know Yoast SEO. It is a famous plugin that helps you to optimize your content with search engine-friendly. It contains 2 parts: SEO and Readability analysis.
So, what do the current readability checks include? Are those Transition Words? Below is the following checking factors that Yoast SEO uses now:
- Flesch Reading Ease
- Passive voice
- Consecutive sentences
- Subheading distribution
- Paragraph length
- Sentence length
- Transitional words
There are several standards that Yoast SEO marks to check and today, in this blog, we are going to find out one of those standards is Transition Words in Yoast SEO’s readability.
Note: If you don’t know much about SEO overview, check this article first What Is SEO, And Why Is It Important?
Table of Contents
What Are Transition Words?
Transition Words are the words that link words, phrases, sentences, paragraphs, etc. so readers will easily process and understand your post. Otherwise, Transition Words help to build up coherent relationships within the text. That’s why Yoast SEO uses them as a critical component to scoring readability.
Note: Find your suitable SEO plugin at Rank Math vs. Yoast SEO: Which One is Better for WordPress SEO plugin?
Regulation of Good Transition Words in Yoast Seo?
There is an algorithm in Yoast SEO’s readability analysis to determine whether your post is easy to understand. Then, you might know Yoast’s colored dots or “traffic light” (red, blue, orange). Moreover, your posts need to have at least 30% of Transition Words.
It means that one sentence might have a transition word. For this reason, you will definitely get a “blue” bullet if you reach 30%. If you use these linking words in more than 20% and below 30%, the bullet will be orange. You will get the red bullet if less than 20%.
Top Good Transition Words Turning The WP Dot to “Green”
To boost the Yoast SEO readability analysis in WordPress and avoid the difficulty in finding these linking words, I have handpicked here the list of transitional words that obviously support you a lot divided into each category. Let’s check it out!
- Firstly, In the first place, First thing to remember
- To begin with
- Finally, In the final analysis
- In conclusion/ To conclude
- To summarize/ In summary/ To sum up
- In short
- In brief
- In addition, additionally
- Not only … but also
- As well as
- In contrast
- Even so
- Different from
- Such as
- In this case
- For example/ For instance/ For one thing
- To clarify/ To demonstrate
- Particularly/ In particular
- Without a doubt
- In fact
- In general
- In detail
- Above all
Cause and Effect
- As a result
Time and Sequence
- After all/ after that
- Firstly/ Secondly/ Finally
- To put it another way
- Compared to/ By comparison/ Comparatively
- I’m tired. Therefore, I’m going to bed.
- We’re letting you go. In other words, you’re fired.
- I am not fond of fruit. However, I do like bananas.
- In the evening, I like to relax. For instance, I enjoy watching TV.
- There are many reasons to exercise regularly. Above all, it keeps you healthy.
- Today, I’m going to write a post. In addition, I’m recording some video lessons.
- I’ll start by telling you what transition words are. After that, I’ll tell you why you should always use them.
- She tried really hard to entertain her guests. Similarly, he put all his heart and soul in cooking a great dinner.
- In conclusion, transition words are an important aspect of SEO copywriting.
Contact us, ThimPress: